Shubhada, Julia, and Ayushi nominated me for the Liebster Award!
Thank you, Shubhada, Julia, and Ayushi it really means a lot to me that you considered me for this blog award. 🙂 If you haven’t, check them out:
Here are the rules of the award (I didn’t follow most of them):
– Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
– Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
– Nominate other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award.
– Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
– Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
– Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
Since I’m late doing this and have three to do, I’m just going to choose three of each of their questions.
Here are the questions I chose that were asked by Shubhada:
1. Where would your dream house be situated? And what would it be? (A cottage, a bungalow, a flat, a caravan, anything!)
Actually, I have always dreamed of living in a little cottage, in the middle of the woods. Surrounded by nothing but solitude and nature. But with wifi and cell service, of course.
2. Which character from a novel are you similar to?
I haven’t had much time to read many novels lately (school and work overload), the last one I finished was Paper Towns by John Green, and I saw quite a bit of myself in the main character, Q. He had a problem accepting people for who they were, wishing for them to be the way he wanted them to be. I have this same habit. There were other small quirks he had that matched my personality and habits, but I can’t remember specifially.
3. Are you more of an extrovert or an introvert?
I am an introverted extrovert. I love to keep to myself, I hate group gatherings and parties, but I LOVE talking to people.
Now, for Julia’s questions:
1. Why do you blog?
I blog simply because I felt like I had something to say and no one to share it with. I wanted to share my thoughts with the world, see if anyone maybe feels the same, grow as a writer, and meet new people.
2. What is the simplest thing that makes you smile?
Cats. I love, love, love any and all things cats.
3. Best compliment you’ve received?
One of the best compliments I think I’ve received, recently at least, was honestly from Danica, who has compared my writing to Emily Dickinson. I actually hadn’t ever looked at her work until after she made that comparison, but since, I have fallen in love with her writing and I take that as the highest compliment.
Last but not least, Ayushi’s questions:
1. Any two things about yourself you are proud of.
I am proud of myself for the grades I keep in college considering I work full time and take full course loads. I work really hard and it’s one of the few things in life that I really pride myself in. Another thing I am proud of is who I am as a person and the beliefs and morals I hold and stand by. I rarely let myself down, and that’s a big deal to me.
2. One of your favorite writing of your own.
Definitely my poem, “The Storm.” It was one of the first that I wrote, I didn’t post it on here until fairly recently though. It was an experiment, I just thought “I’ll write the alphabet and see what happens.” As I was writing it, there was no meaning at all, I was just putting words and making it rhyme and I wrote it in about 10 minutes with no revisions. When I went back through and read it though, I couldn’t believe that it made any sense at all. It has been my favorite piece ever since. I don’t know if I’ll ever measure up to that again, haha.
3. One thing you want to change about this world.
I want to change the way people look at other people- the way they think about other people. I feel as if everyone goes through life believing that other people are just capsules of air and blood- that have no spirit. I want people to look at other’s and see the person, not just the body.
And the nominees are…..
Now for my questions:
1. Do you ever plan to write/do you already write anything beyond your blog? (Novels, chapbooks, journalism, etc.)
2. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
4. Where is your favorite place on earth?
5. Who is your role model?
6. Do you have any weird or secret talents?
7. What inspired or provoked you to begin your blog?
8. Who is your favorite movie character?
9. If you could chose a color to symbolize yourself, what color would it be and why?
10. Do you prefer hand writing or typing your writing/poetry?
I’m sorry that it has taken me so long to respond to this. I have a lot going on with school, I’ve had several interviews for a new job (keeping my fingers crossed!), my current job, and some family/personal stress. Please don’t take my delay in posting as a sign of ungratefulness, I really am thankful for your support of my writing and my blog and for the nominations 🙂